Friday 6 September 2013

06/09/13 - Drugstore / High Street Haul

Hi Everyone! Got another haul for you today. I went up town earlier with the intention of grabbing a few MUA items to try them out but the only shop I know that sold them here doesn't have them in stock anymore so I went ahead and tried a few other things instead.





Bourjois - Rouge Edition Lipstick in 11 Fraise Remix
I love love LOVE this lip colour and I had been wanting to try out something from Bourjois Rouge Edition for quite a while now so I went ahead and purchased one today. My pictures don't show off the colour very well, but I'd describe this as a hot pink with a red/orange tint to it. Quite a complicated one to explain but very nice indeed. When applied to the lips it looks quite bold and eye catching which is what I like.  



Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in 2 Light
I'm a massive fan of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, and I never find myself needing to wear concealer with it. but right now I'm using Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation and I have noticed a few problem areas showing throughout the day so I thought I'd better pick one up. I've heard a fair few beauty bloggers raving about this particular concealer, in particular Zoella  who I've heard mention it in a few of her videos. I haven't really had a chance to use this yet. I like the shade I've chosen I think it matches my skin quite well. It appears quite think and dries quickly which I'm hoping means it has good staying power. Time will tell with this one!


Bourjois Blush in 41 Healthy Mix

I really like Bourjois blushers, but it's been a long time since I purchased one. So long, in fact, that I can't remember what shade it is I usually purchase. Anyway, I thought I'd pick this one up and give it a go. It's quite a subtle pink colour, quite nice on and really compliments the Bourjois lipstick I mentioned above. These little tubs, although small, seem to last me ages which is always good. I got this half price at Superdrug because I bought it alongside another item from the same brand so worth checking out while it's on offer.


 Royal Eyelash Adhesive
I won a set of ten false eyelashes from eBay a few weeks ago and they recently arrived with no glue so I thought I'd pick some up when I was out. I did try to use this with the eyelashes but just found that they wouldn't stick at all. I'n not sure if this was down to the cheap, unbranded lashes I bought or the glue so I'll not make judgement on this until I try them out with another eyelash brand.


NS Facial Scrub
I have to admit, I am terrible when it comes to skin care. I had really bad acne a few years back, but when it finally cleared up thanks to one particular treatment, I was lucky enough to never get anything more than a few spots from time to time. Unfortunately I've started to get a few spots again, although I reckon it's because I've changed my foundation. Anyway, I wanted to pick of a few skin care products and get into some kind of routine and lifted this. Admittedly, I don't know anything about this brand but I will give it a go and see if it's any good.


Aussie Frizz Miracle Shampoo and Conditioner
Usually I'm not too fussed about what I was my hair with, but recently it's become very dry and tangled and hard to manage and so I thought I had better invest in something a bit better than whatever stuff I seen on offer at the supermarket. I've used Aussie's 3 Minute Wonder Conditioner before and loved how it made my hair look and feel and so I'm going to try these two out and hope for the best!


Barry M Nail Paint - 328 Passion Fruit
I love this nail polish. Such a nice colour and allows for smooth application. It comes out a nice Hot Pink / Red colour which is perfect for the transition from summer into autumn. 


Collection 2000 - Super Size Fat Lash Mascara in 1 Black 
No particular reason for picking up this mascara, I just needed a new one and this promised to make lashes appear 'fatter' so hopefully it does exactly that!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! love your write up on the 'about me' section, really gives us an insight into you as a person, thanks for sharing!

    was just going to ask how you got on with the mascara? I did a review on 4 different mascaras on my blog post, have a look you might find something that will work for u!

    http://bellefbeauty.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete