Wednesday 11 September 2013

Toni & Guy Shimmer Mist Review

I bought this product quite a while ago, mistaking it for hairspray, so it took me a while to get round to using it. I'm not really big on hair shimmers, I've never really heard of them to be honest. I thought it was going to be some kind of glitter spray like you got as a kid to put in your hair. However,I gave it a try a few days ago for the first time to see if it added 'texture, shine and a lift in colour' like the bottle claims.

My hair has been very dry recently and I've been trying out new conditioners and shampoos try and restore it. While my current conditioner is working a treat, I thought this product basically cancelled out the softness that my hair had finally started to regain. It dried it out severely and made it hard to manage. While it doesn't claim to make hair feel soft, I was disappointed that any 'texture' it gave  seemed to be coming from the ever increasing amount of knots that seemed to be forming on my head.

I didn't notice much of a difference in shine. but then again dry hair doesn't shine to much anyway and I didn't feel that this product helped with that. I'm not overly sure about whether or not there was a lift in colour. In certain light, my hair looked a bit of a richer shade of brown but not something anyone but myself would notice.

The fact I couldn't find many reviews on this product suggests that no one who has purchased it has found it particularly useful. I would recommend you avoid this product and stick to a good hair care routine in order to achieve the benefits this product claims to give you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment